July 14, 2024
Netanyahu Warned Over Rafah Offensive
News Today In the News

Netanyahu Warned Over Rafah Offensive

Israel faces an increasing number of international warnings over its planned offensive in Rafah. UK Foreign Secretary David Cameron says more than half of Gaza’s 2.3 million Palestinians have found some kind of shelter.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu says the Israeli military will go ahead with its planned ground offensive, insisting an evacuation plan is being prepared.

Saudi Arabia has warned of what they call, very serious repercussions if Rafah was stormed.

The Dutch Foreign Minister, Hanke Bruins Slot, also warned of many civilian casualties, as the United Nations says there is nowhere safe to go for the Palestinians who have already fled to Rafah.

READ ALSO: Cote D’Ivoire Wins AFCON 2023

Gaza’s Hamas rulers say there could be tens of thousands of casualties, warning on Sunday that any operation would also undermine talks about a possible release of Israeli hostages held in the strip.

Israel launched its attacks on the Palestinian enclave after more than 1,200 people were killed in southern Israel on 7 October by Hamas gunmen, who also took about 240 people hostage.

On Sunday the health ministry in Gaza said 112 more Palestinians had been killed by the Israeli military over the previous day, bringing the overall death toll to more than 28,100 and more than 67,500 injured.

Leave feedback about this

  • Quality
  • Price
  • Service

PROS

+
Add Field

CONS

+
Add Field
Choose Image
Choose Video