The Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, has condemned the abduction of schoolchildren, teachers and school officials during attacks on schools in Ahoro-Esinele and Yawota communities in Oriire Local Government Area of Oyo State.
In a statement issued on Monday, CAN President, Archbishop Daniel Okoh, described the incident as a national disgrace and a serious failure of security. He said armed attackers invaded schools in broad daylight, abducted pupils and teachers, killed innocent people and escaped without resistance.
The association also mourned the reported killing of an assistant headmaster who allegedly tried to protect pupils during the attack. CAN said the incident highlights the spread of organised criminal violence into areas previously considered relatively secure.
Also Read: Pro Daniel Group Withdraws From Ogun East APC Senate Primary
The group called on the Federal Government, security agencies and the Oyo State Government to take immediate action to secure the release of the victims and arrest those responsible. It also urged authorities to strengthen security around schools and rural communities.


Leave feedback about this
You must be logged in to post a comment.